AlphaStruxure is leading the decarbonization efforts of the largest international terminal in the U.S.
About New Terminal One
- New Terminal One will be a 2.4 million square foot, 23-gate, state of the art new international terminal that will anchor the south side of John F. Kennedy International Airport.
- Valued at $9.5 billion, the first phase of the New Terminal One development is the largest single-asset project financing in U.S. history.
- New Terminal One will be the largest international terminal at JFK and aspires to obtain a global Top 5 Skytrax rating as one of the finest airport terminals in the world.
- Transform JFK into a fully resilient airport that can function off-grid during power disruptions
- Meet aggressive New York State, City, and Port Authority of New York and New Jersey (PANYNJ) local sustainability laws
- Deliver energy reliability and resilience with guaranteed system-level uptime
- Produce lower carbon intensity, more efficient, locally generated energy
- Stabilize energy costs over the long-term
- AlphaStruxure will serve as JFK NTO’s comprehensive partner to finance, design, build, and operate an on-site microgrid
- The 11.34 megawatt microgrid is comprised of 7.66 MW rooftop solar, 3.68 MW fuel cells, 2 MW/4MWh battery energy storage, and will utilize re-claimed heat to generate chilled water and heating hot water
- Consists of four power islands: each an integrated energy system with sources of generation, storage, and automation
- The AlphaStruxure Integrate digital platform manages the microgrid performance and operations in a cyber-secure environment
- 24/7 operators predict and respond to the system real-time through the AlphaStruxure Network Operations Center
- The Energy as a Service business model provides JFK NTO with long-term, predictable operating costs and guaranteed performance without upfront capital expenditures
- Reliable, resilient, and cost-predictable power
- 38% decrease in greenhouse gas emission reductions over grid-sourced energy
- 100% of airport operations maintained during power disruptions
- Achieves ambitious New York State, City, and PANYNJ sustainability mandates
AlphaStruxure helps organizations achieve ambitious, tailored energy transformations — without the CapEx or complexity. As owners of our clients’ Energy as a Service systems, we’re fully accountable for your long-term goals around resilience, reliability, greenhouse gas reduction, and cost stabilit